Who We Are
We are a boutique organisation with over 35 years experience in design and construction providing technical engineering design and we offer construction support for small scale domestic improvement projects for home owner builders.
FTS prepare and lodge the necessary building consent application forms backed by fully engineered designs with plans and reports for approval by Council or your Building Certifier on your behalf.
Once Council consent is obtained, FTS can assist owner builders with construction services if they wish to proceed in using our equipment (see below) to take out the hard work.
FTS construction services are tailored to those who wish to improve the value of their home or just undertake maintenance works that are too big for hand labour alone, and job size access too small for large machinery. FTS particularly work with owner builder homeowners who prefer to undertake the landscaping and garden improvement works themselves but need heavy lifting and clearing that would take weeks of manual labour.
The work by FTS is generally performed with owners in attendance and this is particularly useful for homeowners who would prefer to participate in how the work is done and to reduce labour costs.
Benefits of Engaging FTS on your Project
Value adding to the design process is an integral part of any FTS commission. FTS bring to your project many years of experience and propose innovative solutions to project challenges.
Key aspects of FTS commissions which are highly valued by our clients and add value to projects are:
- Direct involvement of FTS director throughout the commission.
- Innovative and co-operative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to identify and evaluate project risks.
- Knowledge gained through project experience.
- Long serving and reliable key personnel.
- Timely and proactive execution of design documentation.
- Technical ability.
- Understanding of construction issues and ability to provide buildable project solutions.
- Timely attendance to site issues.
- Flexible work arrangements to suit your busy lifestyle.
- Personal interest and service throughout your project.
- Local experience – our engineers and technicians are from NSW and Qld.
The success of the design process relies on communication and presentation skills and an open approach between the client, town planner, architect, surveyor, other consultants, and the Council and site personnel.
FTS provides an excellent level of professional engineering services and participate in a co-operative and constructive manner as part of your project team. Foremost in our design solutions are the dual parameters of functionality and cost.
Whether your site needs expanding, improving accessibility or a new building, our services offer you the following benefits:
- over 35 years’ experience serving the industry with expertise in design and construction
- commenced as DHA in NSW in 1992 and expanded to QLD in 2005,
- chartered professional engineer (NPER#113806) since 1985
- registered professional engineer of Queensland (RPEQ#7709) since 2006.
- specialising in civil, structural, hydraulic and hydrologic engineering,
- unbiased, independent and professional advice on all facets of your project,
- tailored service with competitive prices and terms,
- written professional service agreement,
- flexible working hours,
- access to a network of engineers and specialist professionals such as environmental and geotechnical consultants and surveyors,
- project management service available for coordination of other consultants and contractors on your behalf,
- computerised drafting system to ensure quality of reproduction and facilitate last minute changes right up to the start of construction and if necessary to adapt to changes during construction,
- extensive technical database and reference library to ensure products are used correctly and within manufacturer’s specifications,
- Professional and fully licensed engineering software to design and optimised your structures and civil engineering works.
FTS prides itself in being an Australian organisation and uses Australian software and specifies locally available Australian products in the projects. FTS utilise the latest technology available in our design equipment including full Engineering & CAD workstation for design and documentation of the works including A3 size colour plotting and scanning capability.
All our Software is fully licensed and includes:
Structural Engineering Software
Multiframe for full 3D structural engineering and time series response analysis for earthquakes, vibrations and dynamic loads and structural design
Caddsman Modeller and Architect for full 3D BIM spatial modelling and drafting
Civil Engineering Software
Foresoft CDS Civil Design and Survey for earthworks, storage and volume estimates, road geometry and building pad design - see your project on Google earth
Hydraulic Engineering Software
DRAINS for hydrologic and hydraulic design
HECRAS for hydraulic opens channel flows, flood mapping and water surface profiles and culvert design
MUSIC for Water Sensitive Urban Design to achieve water quality discharge targets and development approval
Office Productivity Software
Microsoft Office for documentation and calculations of our own proprietary programs developed in Visual Basic
Pinnacle Studio for video presentations and recording of CCTV footage on projects for reporting
4.5 tonne (1.5 m3) tip truck.
Finn 1 tonne skid steer mini loader with 4 in 1 bucket for digging, grading, trimming, and attachments including:
- - Backhoe attachment for excavating, trenching, loading, and clearing, with a rock grab for sorting and stacking boulder retaining walls,
- - Levelling and spreader bar for turf preparation,
- - Tree forks to plant and lift small trees with care,
- - Nylon tracks for soft ground work and improved traction,
- - Rammer for pavement and trench backfill compaction.
We offer a personal and professional service with a view to educate and inform our clients so you understand what you are paying for and can make informed decisions about the works needed.
We are fully insured with Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Workers Compensation policies.
FTS offer a personal and professional service with a view toeducating and engaging with our clients so you understand what you are paying for and can make informed decisions about the works that are needed.
Additional insurance cover can be arranged as required that is project specific.
FAIRDINKUM TECHNICAL SERVICES PTY LTD
ABN 26 130 178 648
ACN 130 178 648